CAREERS ATSBS CONSTRUCTION
Careers with SBS Construction
SBS Construction is a place to hone your skills every day in a challenging, innovative, team environment. We’ve set ourselves apart by empowering our team to find innovative solutions on every job. It’s with great pride that we’ve welcomed every team member to our family. And we’re always looking for sharp individuals who can help us deliver the best for our clients.
Available Career Openings
PROJECT SUPERINTENDENT – COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION
SBS Construction (Select Building Systems, LLC), is an established and growing commercial construction management company, specializing in self-storage design, construction, and development. SBS is driven by its goal of providing quality construction management services to a select client base while also providing a desirable work environment for its employees.
SBS Construction ("SBS") is currently looking for Superintendents for projects in the following regions:
- Austin, TX
- Dallas, TX
- San Marcos, TX
- Lubbock, TX
- Shreveport, LA (based out of our Prairieville, LA office)
SBS Construction’s Main Office is located in Boerne, TX and our regional office is located in Prairieville, LA. SBS offers a competitive compensation package, including a variety of employee benefits such as employer-paid medical insurance, as well as base-pay commensurate with ability and experience, along with periodic supplemental bonuses as approved by the executives of the company.
- Oversee the entire construction process from mobilization through closeout,
- Ability to effectively communicate details of the project with architects and engineers,
- Ability to maintain project schedules, coordinate subcontractor activities, and successfully and timely complete projects,
- Coordinate with project manager on administrative aspects of the job site, and
- Maintain a clean and safe job site, including regular site reviews and safety meetings.
- At least 5+ years of experience with commercial construction projects in the $3+ million range,
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or equivalent work experience,
- Sound understanding of engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to design and layout, as well as supervision of construction operations,
- Must be able to handle typical physical responsibilities of a Commercial Superintendent on ground-up/multi-story projects such as uneven site conditions, climbing stairs, and dealing with varying weather conditions,
- Ability to travel to projects in your region, as needed,
- Must be able to pass a driving record review, background check, and drug test,
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Project,
- OSHA 10 required/ OSHA 30 preferred, and
- First Aid/CPR training.
We're accepting all resumes online only.
Please submit your resume to our Careers Webpage and chose the region you are applying to at www.sbsworld.net/careers/
Project Manager - Commercial Construction
SBS Construction specializes in General Construction, Construction Management, Design-Build, and Project Development. SBS is driven by its goal of providing quality construction management while also providing a desirable work environment for its employees.
SBS is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager for commercial construction projects. This position is based in the SBS Construction Boerne, TX office and will manage projects mostly concentrated in Texas with occasional projects in other States. SBS offers a competitive compensation package, including a variety of employee benefits and base pay that is commensurate with experience along with periodic supplemental bonuses as approved by the executives of the company.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and manage all necessary resources throughout the entire construction process, from inception through close out
- Participate in the conceptual development of construction projects, preconstruction efforts, and pre-bid meetings
- Evaluate project specifications to develop a plan for procedures, estimates, schedules, and staffing requirements for each phase of a project
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates construction project activities to meet benchmark deadlines.
- Prepare and submits budget estimates, progress reports, and cost tracking reports
- Develop clear and detailed project scopes for subcontractors and vendors
- Meet regularly with clients and architects to report work progress and budget matters as a means to proactively identify and resolve problems
- Confer with and direct supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays
- Visit project sites routinely and work closely with superintendents to ensure that all phases of the project meet established cost, schedule, regulatory, safety, quality, and operational requirements.
- Must have experience with commercial projects in the $2-10 million range
- Must have a bachelor degree (or other compensating experience) in Construction Management or related field
- Must have thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction practices and methods including but not limited to: contracts, estimating, specifications, codes, scheduling, safety, technology and equipment
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Must be able to pass a driving background review
- Possess necessary computer skills
- OSHA 10 and First Aid/CPR training required, OSHA 30 preferred
Areas of Operation
17 Scenic Loop Rd.,
Boerne, TX 78006
38418 W. Airline Dr.,
Prairieville, LA 70769